Ian C Schneider
- Associate Professor
Main Office3053 Sweeney
Ames, IA 50011-1098
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2005
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2002
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University, 2000
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of metastasis Paracrine loop signaling Cell Biomechanics Quantitative Light Microscopy
- Dr. Ian Schneider Research Group Page
- Ch E 356, Transport Phenomena I
- ChE 406/506, Environmental Chemodynamics
Brief BiographyProfessional Affiliations
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- The American Society for Cell Biology
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Member, Iowa State University Faculty Senate
- Coordinator, Biomedical Engineering Minor Program, Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Adviser, Biomedical Engineering Society Student Chapter
- Adviser, Triangle Fraternity
- Nuhn, JAM, Perez, AM and Schneider, IC, Contact guidance diversity in rotationally aligned collagen matrices, Acta Biomaterialia, 66, 248-257 (2018).
- Wang J and Schneider IC, Myosin Phosphorylation on Stress Fibers Predicts Contact Guidance Behavior across Diverse Breast Cancer Cells, Biomaterials, 120, 81-93 (2017).
- Wang J, Petefish J, Hillier A, Schneider IC, Epitaxially Grown Collagen Fibers Reveal Diversity in Contact Guidance Behavior among Cancer Cells, Langmuir, 31, 307-344 (2015).
- Haage A and Schneider IC, Cellular Contractility and Extracellular Matrix Stiffness Regulate Matrix Metalloproteinase Activity in Pancreatic Cancer Cells, The FASEB J., 8, 3589-3599 (2014).
- Lara Rodriguez L and Schneider IC, Directed Cell Migration in Multi-cue Environments, Integr. Biol., 5, 1306-1323 (2013).
- Hou Y, Hedberg S and Schneider IC, Differences in adhesion and protrusion correlate with differences in migration speed under EGF Stimulation, BMC Biophysics, 5, 8 (2012).
- Gardel ML, Schneider IC, Aratyn-Schaus Y and Waterman C, Mechanical Integration of Actin and Adhesion Dynamics in Cell Migration, Ann. Rev. of Cell and Dev. Biol., 26, 315-333 (2010).
- Pasapera AM, Schneider IC, Rericha E, Schlaepfer DD and Waterman C, Myosin II Activity Regulates Vinculin Recruitment to Focal Adhesions Through FAK-mediated Paxillin-phosphorylation, J. Cell Biol., 188, 877-890 (2010).
- Schneider IC, Hays CK and Waterman CM, EGF-induced Contraction Regulates Paxillin Phosphorylation to Temporally Separate Traction Generation from De-adhesion, Mol. Biol. Cell., 20, 3155-3167 (2009).
- Schneider IC and Haugh JM, Quantitative Elucidation of a Distinct Spatial Gradient Sensing Mechanism in Fibroblasts, J. Cell Biol., 171, 883-892 (2005).