Ian C Schneider
- Associate Professor
Main Office3053 Sweeney
Ames, IA 50011-2230
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2005 M.S. Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2002 B.S. Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University, 2000
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of metastasis Paracrine loop signaling Cell Biomechanics Quantitative Light Microscopy
- Dr. Ian Schneider Research Group Page
- Ch E 698 A, Ch E Teaching Practicum (with Dr. Kurt Hebert)
- Wang, J., Petefish, J., Hillier, A., Schneider, I.C. Epitaxially Grown Collagen Fibers Reveal Diversity in Contact Guidance Behavior among Cancer Cells. In press. Langmuir.
- Hou, Y., Rodriguez, L.L., Wang, J. and Schneider, I.C. 2014. Collagen Attachment to the Substrate Controls Cell Clustering through Migration. Phys. Biol. 11:056007.
- Haage, A., Nam, D.H., Ge, X. and Schneider, I.C. 2014. Matrix Metalloproteinase-14 is a Mechanically Regulated Activator of Secreted MMPs and Invasion. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 450: 213-218.
- Haage, A. and Schneider, I.C. 2014.Cellular Contractility and Extracellular Matrix Stiffness Regulate Matrix Metalloproteinase Activity in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. The FASEB J. 8: 3589-3599.
- Romsey, N., Hou, Y., Lara Rodriguez, L. and Schneider, I.C. 2014. The Number of Lines a Cell Contacts and Cell Contractility Drive the Efficiency of Contact Guidance. Cell. Mol. Bioeng. 7: 122-135.
- Lara Rodriguez, L. and Schneider, I.C. 2013. Directed Cell Migration in Multi-cue Environments. 2013. Integr. Biol. 5: 1306-1323.
- Gardel, M. L., Schneider, I. C., Aratyn-Schaus, Y., and Waterman, C., 2010. "Mechanical Integration of Actin and Adhesion Dynamics in Cell Migration," Ann. Rev. of Cell and Dev. Biol. 26:315-333.
- Pasapera, A. M., Schneider, I. C., Rericha, E., Schlaepfer, D. D. and Waterman, C., 2010. "Myosin II Activity Regulates Vinculin Recuritment to Focal Adhesions Through FAK-mediated Paxillin-phosphorylation," J. Cell Biol. 188: 877-890.
- Haugh, J. M., and Schneider, I. C., 2006. "Effectiveness Factor for Spatial Gradient Sensing in Living Cells," Chem. Eng. Sci. 61: 5603-5611.
- Schneider, I. C., and Haugh, J. M., 2005. "Quantitative Elucidation of a Distinct Spatial Gradient Sensing Mechanism in Fibroblasts," J. Cell Biol. 171:883-892.