- Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
Main Office1031 Sweeney
Ames, IA 50011-2300
EducationPh.D. Physical Chemistry, University of Potsdam, Germany, 2005 Diploma, Organic Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany, 2002
Interest AreasResearch Interests
- Interactions of biological entities with materials
- Simple and inexpensive detection schemes in food safety and public health
- Drug delivery
- Antibacterial and antiviral surfaces
Teaching Fall Semester 2017
- ENGR 160, Engineering Problems with Computer Applications Lab (Section G)
- "Draw your assay: Fabrication of low-cost paper-based diagnostic and multi-well test zones by drawing on a paper," Oyola-Reynoso S., Heim A.P., Halbertsma-Black J., Zhao C., Tevis I.D., Çınar S., Cademartiri R., Liu X., Bloch J.-F. and Thuo M.M.*Talanta, 2015, 144, 289
- "Mechanical Model of Globular Transition in Polymers," Tricard S., Shepherd R.F., Stan C.A., Snyder P.W., Cademartiri R., Zhu D., Aranson I.S., Shakhnovich E.I., Whitesides G.M.*ChemPlusChem, 2015, 80, 37-41
- R. Cademartiri, C. A. Stan, V. M. Tran, E. Wu, L. Friar, D. Vulis, L. W. Clark, S. Tricard and G.M. Whitesides. "A Simple Two-Dimensional Model System to Study Electrostatic-Self-Assembly," Soft Matter, 2012, 8, 9771-9791.
- S. J. Vella, P. Beattie, R. Cademartiri, A. Laromaine, A. W. Martinez, S. T. Phillips, K. A. Mirica, and G. M. Whitesides, "Measuring Markers of Liver Function Using a Micro-Patterned Paper Device Designed for Blood from a Fingerstick," Analytical Chemistry, 2012, 841(6), 2883-2891.
- R. Cademartiri, H. Anany, I. Gross, R. Bhayani, M. Griffiths, M. A. Brook, "Immobilization of bacteriophages on modified silica particles," Biomaterials 2010, 31 (7), 1904-1910.
- R. Cademartiri, M. A. Brook, R. H. Pelton, J. D. Brennan, "Macroporous Silica Using a 'Sticky' Stöber Process," Journal of Materials Chemistry 2009, 19 (11), 1583-1592.
- R. Voss, M. A. Brook, J. Thompson, Y. Chen, R. H. Pelton, J. D. Brennan, "Non-Destructive Horseradish Peroxidase Immobilization in Porous Silica Nanoparticles," Journal of Materials Chemistry 2007, 17 (46), 4854-4863.
- A. Ide, R. Voss, G. Scholz, G. A. Ozin, M. Antonietti, A. Thomas, "Organosilicas with Chiral Bridges and Self-generating Mesoporosity," Chemistry of Materials 2007, 19 (10): 2649-2657.
- R. Voss, A. Thomas, M. Antonietti, G. A. Ozin, "Synthesis and Characterization of a Highly Amine Functionalized Mesoporous Organosilicas by an 'All-In-One' Approach," Journal of Materials Chemistry 2005, 15 (37), 4010-4014.
- M. Egen, R. Voss, B. Griesebock, R. Zentel, S. Romanov, C. S. Torres, "Heterostructures of Polymer Photonic Crystal Films," Chemistry of Materials 2003, 15 (20): 2786-3792.