You may participate in a special undergraduate research program or may pursue independent study by registering for CH E 490. This opportunity may be particularly valuable for you if you plan to pursue an advanced degree or if you want to work in a specific industry.
- You are strongly encouraged to participate in CH E 490 for two semesters.
- You may complete literature reviews, laboratory experiments and data analysis, or develop computational methods.
- You may attend group meetings on a regular basis and will be encouraged to attend the graduate research seminar, CH E 601.
How to Participate
You will select a project through consultation with individual faculty members. Election of course and topic must be approved in advance by your faculty supervisor and the Curriculum Committee Chair by completion of CH E 490 Study Proposal Form.
- Upon completion of the project, you will often submit a written and/or oral report to the faculty supervisor.
- Participation in regional student chapter meetings of professional societies also is anticipated for outstanding contributions.
- No more than 6 credits total of CH E 490 or other STEM departmental independent/research study may be counted towards technical electives.
Honors program students may participate by registering for CH E 490H.