Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering/Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering information is listed on this page.
For information about the Concurrent Engineering B.S. – MBA Degree, click here.
- 30 graduate or non-major graduate credits are required for the Master of Engineering degree in addition to requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Of 30 credits, 18 credits must be ChE graduate-level coursework, including:
- ChE 545, 554, 583, and 587. (choose at least two courses)
- Up to 6 credits can be a creative component (ChE 599)
- Up to 6 credits can be used for both the Bachelor of Science and Master of Engineering degrees
For students choosing to do a creative component, a program of study committee will evaluate the outcome in a final oral exam. The committee will consist of the major professor and two additional faculty members. One of the additional faculty members must be from the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department
- Complete a curriculum plan with your undergraduate advisor.
- Write a statement of purpose for graduate study and submit it to email@example.com.
- Request letters of recommendation from three ISU faculty, preferably in CBE. Letters should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application will be reviewed by CBE’s Graduate Committee. If admitted, you will be asked to complete the Concurrent Enrollment Request.
- The application fee will be assessed.